Tools are made for humans to ease their job including tools like sewing machines which is necessary for serious sewist out there. This machine is not only convenient but also helps you to finish the job faster and with less effort. There are plenty to choose from but among the ideal choices for beginners, Brother XL2600I Vs XM2701 are two great options to consider. They are affordable, easy to start with but also pack much. If you are also eyeing these machines, do check what they can offer below.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Why do You Need a Sewing Machine
- What are Brother XL2600I and XM2701
- What Brother XL2600I and XM2701 Look Like
- How are the Stitches in Brother XL2600I and XM2701
- What else Brother XL2600I and XM2701 can offer
- What are the Accessories’ in Brother XL2600I and XM2701
- Brother XL2600I Vs XM2701
Having a hobby is nice because you can find an activity that you enjoy doing and fulfilling among the common or daily tasks we have as responsibilities. Sometimes it can be cooking, exercising, movies, books, or making crafts from small and medium items. Sewing is probably among the most popular however, not only because of their usefulness but also because it is a fun activity as you can make lots of items, especially from fabrics that meet your personal taste.
For hobbyists who often sew clothes or make fabric based items, you may need to have a machine or additional tools around and the most important is a sewing machine. They may sound like an unnecessary investment but for sewist, they can be a life-safer option.
- Sewing machines help sewists to do their job faster and finish the project in far less time. While all of us mostly start with hand-sewing to know the basics and some technique first, it is not ideal for the real task, especially if you need to do and finish it quickly. An example is since the thread and needle are already set, using a machine we can finish a job faster. For anyone who is pursuing a career in sewing, it is highly recommended to have a sewing machine.
- Sewing needs time to learn and properly done including to produce a more professional result. A machine in general will help you achieve this result as they are consistent and when controlled properly, the result will look neat as well. After the thread and tension is done properly, a machine will produce professional-level stitches.
- Decorative stitches are fun, they are often the reason why people want to start learning to sew as we can make ornaments and personalized the styling. With a sewing machine, it is now possible to use fancy or various decorative stitches which can be very complex to be done with hand. Machines like Brother SQ918 Vs SQ9285 are examples of models with such capabilities.
- Another benefit of sewing machines is the power itself. We all know that our hand can only do much when it comes to putting force hence thicker or sturdier materials are nightmare to stitch with hand. But, using machines, this can be effortlessly done and quickly which is necessary for business or professional results.
- Even if you are sewing everyday, a sewing machine is not only useful to make clothes or apparel but also for crafting. For example, we can make stuff toys and various fabric based products that are useful like doing recycling and reforming.
| ||Brother XL2600I ||Brother XM2701
|Product Dimensions||7.75 x 3.5 x 4.75 inches|
|12.1 x 5.9 x 15.3 inches
|Shipping Weight||2 pounds|
|click here||click here
About Brother XL2600I and XM2701
If you are interested to enjoy all of those benefits, then having a sewing machine will be a great investment. Not only will they help you a lot but also be versatile for hobbies and even help you make some money if you decide to sell those products. For the machine itself however, shopping can be very time consuming; not because it is difficult to find a sewing machine but there are just so many of them that makes the choice can be confusing.
Our tip is to shop based on your level of skill or shop based on what you plan to do with the machine. Expensive variants with extensive features are great for professional and experienced users but beginners may need less so it is wise to shop from the budget range. For those who need a machine that can cover all the basics yet powerful and convenient, Brother is one of the best brands you may want to consider buying from.
Along with brands like Singer, this company is making lots of good sewing machines that range from budget variants to those made with tons of features and modern technologies yet, if you need a machine that is simpler, Brother XL2600I and XM2701 are two ideal models to consider. These machines are very popular and you may like them as well for what they can offer but, it seems that Brother had decided to discontinue the old XL2600I so it might be a challenge to find them today.
In terms of capabilities, the two are basic machines which are ideal for most sewists or people who are having this as a hobby. They cover a variant of stitches, easy to use, and the two machines even offer a certain feature we love from any sewing machine that we will get into later. If what you will do is only making clothes or apparel or a beginner sewist who just got into a sewing machine, we do think either Brother XL2600I or XM2701 will not disappoint.
Brother XL2600I and XM2701 Design
At the first glance both of them are a fairly small machine with compact footprint and dimension of 12.3 by 7.7 by 9.6 inches compared to 17.8 by 7.6 by 15.1 inches so they quite well sit on your working table or space without being too obtrusive. A you can guess the material on the cover is plastic which is okay because it reduces the machine’s weight to around 13 and 16 pounds. They don’t look sturdy but as long as treated properly, they should last for years.
Similar to most mechanical or computerized sewing machines out there, Brother XL2600I and XM2701 are fashionable with floral patterns which makes them look classic yet still pretty. All controls are placed properly so users can instantly access them and there is a guide or list of stitches printed on the sticker to show what they can offer. Among the two only XL2600I that comes with a cover and inside the package you will find the accessory needed.
Brother XL2600I and XM2701 Stitches
The first thing you may want to know about a sewing machine is probably what they can offer and as a modern machine, Brother XL2600I and XM2701 are packing lots for their users. But, we mostly focus on the stitches collection because it signifies the versatility and collection of what you can do with the machine. Here they are modestly featured with a total of 27 and 25 built-in stitches including 1 one-step buttonhole. This feature lets you attach buttons quickly after figuring the approximate width of the buttonhole.
Like in most sewing machines, those are stitching styles you can pick conveniently in these machines and it is done by selecting through the main knob at the front. This knob is labelled with the stitches so we can just rotate it counter clockwise and find the one that we want to use. The amount however is different as XM2701 has a total of 27 styles of stitches while the XL2600I has 25 of them. These numbers are printed quite small however, so it can be difficult to see in dim rooms.
Brother XL2600I and XM2701 Features
Next we want to see their collection of features and among all, our favorite is their automatic needle threader that you can find on both Brother XL2600I and XM2701. This feature is very convenient because we all know the hassle of threading and with the automatic needle threader, it is much faster to start sewing. Another exceptional feature is jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin because bobbin placement can affect the stitch result. With the feature, this machine is designed to resist jamming and surprisingly works most of the time.
In addition, both of them are also capable of using twin needles which is useful when you want to do hemming with the machine. They are coming with built-in free arms to let sewists working on sleeves, cuffs, or pant legs.
Brother XL2600I and XM2701 Accessories
The last part we want to mention is their accessories because most sewing machines are packed with numerous of them in order to let you quickly start the project. In the box you will find the machine itself, 3-piece needle set, 6 sewing feet for XM2701 including blind stitch, zipper, button, zigzag, narrow hemmer, and buttonhole but only 5 of them for the XL2600I, darning plate, twin needle, extra spool pin, screwdriver, user guide, and DVD with instruction.
Brother XL2600I vs XM2701
Both of them are good options for sewists or users who will make lots of projects with stitching as the basic requirement. They are easy to use and ideal for beginners but mostly stay the same for the overall part including the collection of stitches which only differ slightly and the amount of accessories but all the basic capabilities are the same in both machines with the XM2701 just slightly offering more.
- Free-arm sewing machine with 25 built-in stitches, each with multiple stitch functions; good for novices and everyday sewing projects
- Accessory storage built into free arm; includes 5 accessory presser feet and bilingual user's manual
- Features needle threader, thread cutter, drop-in bobbin loading, and auto bobbin winding; - 1-step auto-size buttonholer
Bundle includes 2-piece carrying and storage case
- 27 Unique built-in stitches: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- Versatile free arm: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
All in all it is good to shop based on what you need and between the two, they are equally affordable so we will recommend to choose the latter as it is newer and probably easier to find, with more capabilities in its collection.